Thoughts collected during my attempts to branch out and try technologies and strategies that should help my students make global learning connections.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Time Flies...

Beginning to realize that unless I share this blog and let others generate content, that it will become one ball that gets dropped when things get chaotic as they are right now. Thanksgiving was great and everything at school is pretty much business as usual.

Anyway....the faculty reception of the wiki for the book study was mixed, as I had expected that it would be. But for the most part, once everyone realized that the wiki behaves pretty much like a word processor, everyone was pretty cool with it. An added bonus, was that one of the team members that presented the first session this past Monday (11/26), absolutely loved the wiki. In just a few editing sessions, she uploaded all the files she used into the wiki, and delivered her group's presentation via the wiki. Later, I posted her group's "homework" onto the wiki, and during this past week, the faculty have posted their homework by editing that wiki page. Our principal was extremely pleased when I informed her on Thursday (11/29), that not only had everyone completed his or her homework, but that they had also completed it, digitally, either via wiki or via email that was then pasted into the wiki.

I am currently scouting faculty members who want to experiment with letting students build a wiki as a research product and in the meantime I am trying to think of other practical products that I could use wikis for.

No comments: