With this new post comes a new goal--to visit at least every other day and discuss at least one new thing I have learned.
Was just thinking today as I was helping two of my colleagues burn DVDs of their 2nd grade class' year-in-pictures projects that with my use of google docs and the capacity to upload any file, that I have developed a much better understanding of file sizes,which elements of videos really bump up a project's size. Knowing these facts is helping me plan more effectively and communicate to our faculty how much production they can realistically expect to complete in a day's time. As a result, we are creating higher quality products, because we are not in a frenzied panic to get something done in 45 minutes that will in reality and by the necessity of the medium, software, and hardware we are using will take 2 1/2 to 3 times as long.
Thoughts collected during my attempts to branch out and try technologies and strategies that should help my students make global learning connections.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment