Thoughts collected during my attempts to branch out and try technologies and strategies that should help my students make global learning connections.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Virtual Camps and Unconferences

I have been attending PBWiki Summer Camp 2010 since June 21st and I must say, I am impressed with the content and the requirements. The leaders and mentors "get" that many of us are on summer break, on vacation, at home with school age children who are also home for the summer, etc. I am enjoying learning about how wikis work best in an educational setting. Week 1 was all about wiki basics, Week 2 is all about using plug ins to make the wiki more inviting, engaging, and interactive.
I was curious about the ISTE conference that is being held in Denver until tomorrow and as I was following tweets on Twitter, someone mentioned the ISTE Unplugged wiki. I have enjoyed plunking around the wiki and have had my own sort of Unconference by looking at the blogs/wikis of presenters that are mentioned by the people I follow on Twitter. Update--July 3, 2010--thanks to Marsha Erskine for sharing the ISTEVision site where you can go to see ISTE sessions that were recorded.

No comments: