I have just finished (started at 9:30 a.m.) clutterbusting our pantry--in the time that I was not untangling animals--today was a let's see how many times I can get wrapped around a tree and turn over my water bucket day, but at least I didn't get peed on today--that was yesterday's ordeal. Anyway... I felt inspired to blog about it. Managed to fill the trash receptacle that was just emptied this morning--sorry Waste Mgmt. And set aside two boxes and a trash bag that will go to Goodwill. Used a banana box to collect trash as I waded in and made seven trips to empty it--hence aforementioned full trash receptacle. Amazing how a change, like your children growing up--they are about 7 inches away from catching me, creates organization opportunites:) They can reach the top shelves in the pantry now, so more of the things they like have been relocated there...They can both lift close to 60 pounds, so I was able to chunk things together into bigger containers that they can move to get to whatever they want. They each still have a box for school things they want to save (oh, alright, things I want to save).
Reminds me that just as our family's use of space changes as we get older, so will my students' use of the media center. I normally do moderate rearranging each year, but feel like the time has come to create some areas designated for particular groups of learners. Historically, I have striven to maintain a "generic" space that can adapt to whomever needs to use it. Beginning to feel that maybe this is most suitable for the adults, but not necessarily the students who outnumber us 25 to one. So, hmmm??? Who should the space be most suitable for? The students.
Thoughts collected during my attempts to branch out and try technologies and strategies that should help my students make global learning connections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment