Thoughts collected during my attempts to branch out and try technologies and strategies that should help my students make global learning connections.

Friday, April 25, 2008

I never knew that...

I will be updating this regularly, as I seem to learn daily, random, but very helpful tidbits about applications and programs that I have been using for years. I will insert newer content at the top, so, well, you know...

4. Adding labels to a blog post is as simple as noticing that there is a field for labels/tags, and taking the time to key in major topics mentioned in the post. I have been using this blog since Nov. 2007 and I guess I will see if the labels really make a difference as far as people being able to find the blog without me telling them where it is.

3. Clicking History in the drop down navigation of Internet Explorer makes it possible to see and browse to pages that I have visited within the past two weeks.

2. Paint's fill tool will fill in pretty much any space inside black lines with whatever color you choose. Again--had to slow down and explain to someone else exactly what all those tools in the pallette do.

1. Inserting a picture is a fill option in WordArt. I was helping a colleague finish up Techno-Hounds by showing her the how-tos from her how-do-you-do-? list and just stumbled across it when I was showing her how to fill WordArt with preset patterns, gradients, etc. It's been there all along, and I never had noticed it until I slowed down to show her how to access the menus that Format WordArt opens up.

No comments: